View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
Marilize
YT 500 Club Member

He looks pretty standard, but you can check out the Yorkshire Terrier standard by googling it or going to YTCA's website.

Wow, your story sounds like a baby being left on a doorstep! I am really glad this little guy has found you. He is adorable! I am happy that he is healthy, except for the allergies. Do you know which allergies he has? Allergies can generally be treated and aren't serious, so you can start working on those.

What food did she say he likes? Have you checked the ingredients in that food to make sure that it is good enough? If not, you can go to dogfoodanalysis.com and search for a review on the food. If it isn't a good food, please switch him to something better. You might want to switch him slowly and little by little mix in the new food with the old. You can also order samples from most companies to see which he prefers. I think there is a thread with addresses for pet food companies in the Health and Diet forum.

With regards to his looks, his back or saddle looks like the correct steel blue for yorkies and the tan on his face looks standard too. I am not an expert though, so maybe someone with more experience in that realm can help you out.

Congratulations on your new boy! Enjoy him!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!