Thread: Toby Dickens
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #1
Toby4me
Yorkie Yakker

Default Toby Dickens

Potty training...he's 4 months and we're working hard at it. I was trying outdoors, but he doesn't like to go out in the dark (me either), he doesn't like to go out in rain (me either) he doesn't like when the grass is wet and rubs his belly...me either? can't really comment on that one.

So I saw in some store some doggy potty system and something in my head said 'Winter's coming...how will he like the snow?'

So we've been working with the potty system and everything is going well. We got up this morning I put him on the floor a few feet away from it (originally I was putting him right on it but now I want him to get on it himself), he walked over did his business and I praised him lavishly.

Not 15 minutes later he was standing next to me in the hallway, he looked up at me and...did his business. *SIGH* "TOBY!" I reached down to pick him up and he started to run. "Toby come!" I said. He did not come, but he did stop. I reached for him again. He ran to the bed and turned and looked at me from safely just under it.

'OK I thought...I'm going to walk away and when he comes to follow me I'm going to nab him!'

I walked back into the hallway and turned ready to catch him when he came buy when I heard the yap yap yap of a pesky little dog from downstairs trying to get his "big sister dog" to play with him!!!

So not only did I not nab him, but he managed to sneak right by me like a shot and run down the stairs!!!!!

Just another reminder of why he went from Toby to Toby Dickens!!!
Toby4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!