View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
dragongirl
Yorkie Yakker

Default Latest Update on Prince Simba

Hi everyone~

We haven't been on for a while because Simba has been busy doing his thing as a "Therapy Dog". As soon as he puts his official vest on, he knows it's "show time!" The seniors all love him, and he knows it. They all know him by name, and he loves the attention. They love to hear him say, "ma-ma" and reward him with his favorite treat. Another favorite thing they like him to do is they point their finger at him and say, "Bang!". Simba falls over on his side and his little legs stick out straight as a board and he lies perfectly still until he's told to get up. It's really hysterical! I have worked in the veterinary field for many years and have had all types of different breeds of dogs, but Yorkies are my all-time favorite, and I'll always have one from this point on.
Are there other Yorkies out there that are Therapy Dogs? If so, can you share some of your experiences?

Also, I would like to let everyone know that Simba will be in the 2010 Dog Fancy calendar!!!! I had submitted his photo when he was under a year old (over a year ago) and never heard back. I totally forgot about it until last week, a FedEx package arrived with a congrats letter and 2 of the wall calendars and 2 of the desktop calendars. WoW! What an exciting surprise that was! He will be featured on the date of May 17th. I am so extremely proud and happy to be a Yorkie Mom....Yaaaay Simba!!!!!
dragongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!