View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 01:38 PM   #4
Jo-Jo
YT Addict

We recently had to board Jo and Riley for 5 days and I was a nervous wreck. I looked at the facilities our vet had available and wasn't happy with the idea of them being in a little cage all day, going outside 2 or 3 times to potty and then being left alone there all night so we checked around for a suitable kennel. We found one just a mile or two from our house and it was great. Our boys had a climate controlled indoor/outdoor kennel and the outside kennel was covered on the top, there was a flap door to the outside and if they're too little to push it they'll take it off or fasten it up for them. They were let outside into a play area several times a day, they had music to listen to and other dogs around for socialization. The owners live on-site so I didn't have to worry about them being alone and they also had an on-site groomer. I was worried about having to retrain them when we got home too but the kennel actually seems to have helped both of them. We have a doggie door to the patio and since they've come home I think we've only had to clean up one accident and that was when Riley only had his front feet on the pottie pad We took their crates, beds, toys, food, treats and their big play pillow bed. The kennel asked for any special feeding or medication instructions and I gave them permission to take them to the vet just in case. We were pleased with the condition and attitude of the boys when we got home and the daily cost was only $19.50 for both of them. They don't seem to have stressed a bit while we were gone and they were the same sweet boys when they got home.
Jo-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!