View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 09:59 AM   #12
Sweet Apple
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzarr View Post
I think when it comes to a solution other than kibble we should look to what a dog would eat naturally. Wouldn't that make the most sense? In the wild a dog would eat raw meat, bones, fat, etc. from kills they would make. I personally feed my dogs raw food. They love it, they are healthier, manage their weight better, have fantastic teeth and eyes, plus many more benefits. I know if you aren't keen on doing that they make premade raw food (I can't think of the company names since I don't use them?) that you can feed in medallion form. I know there are plenty of YT members that go this route. However, I know there are plenty that go straight raw, too.

I would do a YT search for raw feeding or google it and get info that way. Inform yourself from both sides and make an informed decision that you and your dog can live with. I'm really glad I did.
Thanks for a very good reply...Do you, actually, feed raw meat that you buy from your grocery store? How did you get your information regarding ratios of calories, etc.... I'm sure it's organic, at the very least....However, are you concerned about if it is handled correctly?...I am considering the raw medallions, when Apple is a year old, and, perhaps, when I retire and have time, completely go au'natural...And in reponse to your post re: vaccinations, that's a great concern of mine, as well...My girl has had all her DHPP shots, because distemper is way to common in this day and age...However, I'm waiting until she's almost a year old to get rabies...My gut feeling says not to get it, at all, as I believe her odds of having a reaction far outweigh the risks of her ever contracting rabies...Well, like you, I don't want to hijack the very good original post, so I'll close...Thanks, again, for any info, regarding a natural diet for my little girl....
Sweet Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!