View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 12:56 PM   #8
chipperdancing
No Longer a Member

Rain

Thank you, I wish I had heard of the placenta save sooner! But, Mini is quite small at 5lbs. I think she went into labor on Wednesday night digging and panting all night - by Thursday am she was exhausted, had stopped everything and just lay there for hours ... that's when I made the decision to take her for "C" ... I waited 3 days beyond the Vet's recommendation.

But she has no milk, no colestrum, she is dry. She does not want anything to do with the puppies, she growls and actually snapped when I put her in with them. She is on cottage cheese and calcium and has been her entire gestation ... and now I am masaging and hoping.

Babies are fine, warm and fed every 4 hours with Nurturall-c fortified with colestrum ... I was going to use goats milk ... but the Vet gave me this so I'm using it.

I have a call in to the Vet about Oxytoxin ... but will a shot of Oxytoxin make her a mother who wants to nurse? Since she had the C on Thursday, is Monday too late for the Oxytoxin? I wish the Vet would hurry up and call me back!

Please ./.. any suggestions??? She doesn't seem to have any more mother's instinct than a slug! I think my 'ol man Yorkie, Chipper, would do better! Mini absolutely will not stay in the box with them~~!

Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!