View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 12:35 AM   #4
DanielleK
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly81 View Post
Hello. I am also having similar issues with my dog. I posted a thread in the general discussion board, I am new too, and I just noticed this "training" section. My dog, Molly, is 1.5 years old. I have only had her for about a month. She doesn't like to poop outside either, her fav spot is in my kids room! She will poop outside, but not in my yard, only in neighbors yards! So I feel your pain and look forward to seeing what others say on this issue!
My advice to the OP would be helpful for you, as well - but also you'll need to put Molly on a leash when going potty. Keep her ONLY where you want her to go and do not allow her to run onto your neighbor's yard. If she's doing this during a walk, then you need to put her on her potty spot (in your yard, on her leash) and WAIT for her to potty before going on the walk. Waiting around forever and letting her play/lounge/look up at you isn't going to help, so like the above post I suggest you crate her in between.

Crate, take out to potty, if she goes - treat and praise, then walk or free time in the house (supervised). If she doesn't go, back into the crate, try again in fifteen minutes.

Keep her out of your children's room. Period. At least for a few months until she unlearns her bad habit. Clean the carpets with enzyme cleaner and just do not let Molly in there. It isn't going to be forever, but while training you need to do what you can to break the bad habits and form the good ones. This one will go a long way towards you having a happy family, dog and house.
DanielleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!