View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 06:31 PM   #6
MrsPeanut
Stop PuppyMills
Donating Member

Just an update to you ladies. I am on page three of six and WOW. Doing all this research has opened my eyes to a lot of things.

#1 Our Federal Laws Governing the requirements for "kennels" aka puppymills are very weak and vague, no wonder all these cruel people are getting away with the deplorable conditions they put these beautiful creatures in.
# 2 States Laws aren't any better because not all states have laws protecting dogs or even care that much about it.
# 3 If people were interested in the awareness of puppymills as they are about presidential elections they MAYBE someone would propose some STRONG, DIRECT legislation with specific stipulations on how "kennels" should be operated.
#4 I bred my yorkie a year ago because I wanted another dog and I realize now that I should leave it to the professional reputable breeders that are breeding to better the breed and not make a profit. I never sold my puppies and didn't plan to but if I could do it over I would have immediately spaid my dog and went to the humane society and rescued a dog. I didn't understand the complexity of this issue and how many animals really are out there who need a hero.
#5 I will never trust a pet store regardless if they have signs saying they don't get there dogs from puppy mills because a reputable breeder wouldn't sell there dogs to a pet store and furthermore, the employees themselves do not know where these dogs came from and/or are told different.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!