View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
Geertsen
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Potty Time HELP!!!!

Hello, I am new to YorkieTalk!
My husband and I got our cute little baby named Bentley about 4 weeks ago! He is almost 17 weeks old now and we are having a hard time with potty training him. Here are a few of my problems if you have any suggestions please tell me I am a first time dog owner and I probably need the training more than our puppy!

He is crate trained at night, he whines about 1 time per night and I take him out to go potty, he goes we come back in and he goes straight to his crate until morning. Yeah!!!!

My husband and I are both working full time and going to school full time. So we are gone for about 10 hours a day. We keep him in a part of our kitchen, it is very small (about 12"x5") and we have doors to keep him in this area. We have puppy pads in there. When we are gone during the day he usually uses the puppy pads or goes within a foot from them. So he is doing ok with that.

It is the evenings that I am having a very hard time with. After we get home, I take him out about every hour. I tell him to go potty (knowing that he gets a treat he will go) but when we come back inside, he'll pee again. It seems like no matter how much I take him out he still pees small amounts all over the house!

And another issue. He won't go #2 outside. When I see him sniff and squat to poop I grab him and run outside. He won't go out there, he'll come in and the same thing will happen and I keep running him outside but he just won't go!!!

Does anyone have any advice for me, I am trying the best I can. I don't know what else to do.

Any advice about potty training with our work schedules or how to hold his pee and eliminate it all at once instead of a little bit every 15 min. and last but no least how to get him to poop outside?

Thank you so much any help is appreciated!

Geertsen
Geertsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!