View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 11:02 PM   #14
Lia
Senior Yorkie Talker

I have a 2 1/2 yr old yorkie, a 5month old yorkie and an almost 9 month old boxer. I feel like we're crazy. I don't really have to supervise the boxer and my older yorkie (10lbs) because my boxer only plays when Lucky plays with him, which is rare. Since Lucky is older he really isn't in to playing. But when my little one is out, Bella (3lbs), I have to always supervise, because she is so playful. It's cute but I don't let her play with our boxer too much because she's at the age of biting and she gets his ears and lips. Then he wants to start playing with her. We let them, but only if he is laying down and she isn't being too rough. When she starts running around him and leaping over him, he moves as if he wants to catch her, and that is too scary for me, so the minute he lifts his head or makes some type of fast movement, even if he is laying down, I stop Bella from playing or my husband sends our boxer to the kitchen or a further location. I feel like it isn't fare, but our boxer is still a playful puppy and he is just too heavy! I think he is about 55lbs now, and I have to make sure my little ones are safe, I can't imagine losing them. I can't even walk my boxer and my 10lb yorkie together, because if there is any type of excitement my boxer is just too strong, I've had to let go of my Lucky's leash just to control our boxer. So plenty of supervision and no aggresive playing. JMO.
Lia is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!