Thread: Puppies Legs
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 08:10 AM   #3
sferrini
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Some puppies do take longer in learning to walk, especially if they are overweight. The most important thing is to make sure they have a rough surface to walk on. I will put down a rug or flannel sheet that has a rough surface so they can get better traction with their legs. Make sure their toenails are clipped so they don't hangup on the bedding. At four weeks they need a nice size area to walk in so they can start exploring and getting some exercise. I have mine out of the whelping box in a exercise pen at that age.

When I have a overweight pup with weak rear legs, several times a day I will hold the pup with his rear legs in the palm of my hand and let the pup push up on the rear legs to help strengthen them.

they are in a very good size box 40 inches by 36 inches, I have a thin blanket and a bath mat rug down. The smaller one, is the one that is having problems but not sure what is overweight. I looked at their toe nails and this being my first litter, I am not sure what to do and am a little intimated by their tiny little claws and don't want to hurt them. How can I clip them.

I will try the excercises. Thank you, thank you !!!!!!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!