View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 07:30 AM   #31
SA45
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Rescued Dogs

My cousin was part of the rescue group that picked up all the puppies in Montague county. What she told me and what she saw made her both angry and sad. One of the poor little yorkie mixes (yorkie/dacshund) was brought to her home for rehibilitation. This beautiful little girl with the beautiful face, wonderful personality and happy go lucky attitude was missing full feet. All she had were pads and even they were not developed fully. This could have been caused to the continueous in breeding and the fact that she lived her short life in a kennel. Yorkies were not the only dogs at this so called puppy mill, there were many breeds, large and small and they all were living in horrible, horrible living conditions. The one bright spot that I saw from this little girl was the fact that for the first time in her life, she was truly loved. My big 17 and 14 year old sons and my 11 year old daughter just lavished love and a nice lap for her to rest on while we visited. They were careful not to let her jump down as she cannot handle the stress of that simple motion. So far they have cleaned her up and have treated her for internal parasites and are going to run blood work on this sweethart to make sure that there are no more hidden problems in her tiny frame.
Lets all give these pepple who worked this terrible situation a huge round of applause and pat on the back for their hard work and love of animals.
SA45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!