View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 07:10 AM   #12
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starr728 View Post
After reading these posts I'm wondering about Karlee...she is very laid back, loves to sleep or curl up in our laps she is not at all hyper in anyway. When we play with her it takes a bit to get her rilled up and when she is biting a toy she will stop as soon as she sees our hands near her. If we tell her no she will stop altogether and just sit and look at us until we say her name...we've had her 4 days and I was a little worried that she was too laid back is this normal for a 14 week old pup to be so laid back and she sleeps a lot...just wondered? I love her nature but do wish she'd play a little more. Today we seen a little more interaction with her so it may just be she needs to warm up to us a little more????
Although the rough and tumble, over active puppy is more the usual, it is also normal for them to be laid back and not attack every moving thing. My girl Sadie (RIP) was a doll baby. She never nipped or even chewed on my fingers, never bit at the brush, and never ran ninety miles an hour in figure eights around my house. She loved to cuddle in a lap and gets lots of loving attention. She also did not play with toys. She prefered instead to just be petted and talked softly to. That was her "thing" and I had the best of both worlds. Ben was my crazy, attack the toy dog who loved to play and rough house. Sadie was my pretty lap dog who could sit for as long as you would pet and coo at her. I miss Sadie -- she was such a sweetheart!
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!