View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 05:19 AM   #1
Lolasmom1211
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Really Stumped - Need Help!

I have a situation with my two babies that has me really stumped and I'm hoping that those of you with more knowledge and experience may be able to help. My girl Lola is 19 months old and we've had her since she was about 10 weeks old. When Lola was about 7 months, I got my baby boy, Harley, when he was about 12 weeks old - so they are about 4 months apart in age. Lola is just under 4 lbs and Harley is about 7.5 lbs. They have grown up together and really love each other very much. Whenever I take Harley out of the room without Lola, she goes crazy barking and running until I bring him back. Lola had Liver Shunt surgery in March at University of TN and was gone for 5 days...my husband said Harley would not eat for 3.5 days while I was gone with her. They are inseparable. My daughter brought her 4 lb yorkie male down at Christmas and they all got along great for the first few days but the last two days, Lola attacked him viciously whenever she saw him. We had to keep them totally separated - if my daughter even walked through the room holding him, Lola would go crazy barking and growling and trying to bite him. My daughter came for another visit shortly after Lola's surgery (post op 8 weeks) and Lola did the same thing, only worse, so we kept them separated again. All three dogs have been neutered / spayed. Lately she has started showing aggression towards my baby boy, Harley, at night, but only at night. If he does anything that she does not want him to, she will jump towards him and try to bite him around his face. He is twice as big as she is, but he is a very, very sweet dog and has never shown any aggression or retaliation towards her. This behavior of hers is getting worse each night...if I pick him up, then she gets uncontrollably angry - when I put him down she goes after his face - when they are going out the door together, if he gets out first - same thing. It only, only happens at night but is getting out of hand. They play all day long together with no problems. They sleep snuggled together during the day and even after the episodes at night. But this aggression gets really bad when we go to bed at night...she goes after his little face for no reason for the last couple of nights. He has started getting in bed and putting his sweet face under the pillow or under my arm immediately when we get in. Lola is a tiny little thing but it's as if a switch goes off at 8 or 9 at night and this aggression kicks in. She is the sweetest, most affectionate yorkie all the rest of the time! During these episodes, I've tried ignoring her, giving her extra attention, shaking a can with coins when she does this - this only scares Harley more since he is always next to her when it happens! I don't know what to do - I hate to see Harley so sad when she does this, but I also hate to see Lola so stressed and upset when she gets like this...Has anyone else ever had anything like this happen? Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas that might help? I am really desperate here! Thank you!!!!
Lolasmom1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!