View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #11
hcb134
Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 049 hyperactive

reading this thread i relate to all of it! .I've had my pup 3 wks and she is now 10 1/2 wks old. For the first week she acted like your saying, quiet placid, all cuddly just wanted to be on your lap etc. By the second wk she was getting more adventurous & lively and now after 3 wks she has definately settled in, very playful and active but also still very loving and wants her cuddles when tired or after i've been out.

Regarding grooming her, i have just started these last couple of days and she does mainly just want to bite the brush and me but i let her lick & bite the brush for a couple of minutes then give her a couple of brushes & she lets me so i keep telling her 'good girl'. I'm doing this a couple of times for a few minutes each day, that way i think she will gradually get used to it without stress. If she tries to bite me i say a sharp 'no bite' move my hand away & give her a toy she's allowed to chew. If she chews the toy i say' good girl' but if she still ytries to bite i put her straight down & ignore her. In the 3 wks i've had her i'm already seeing a definate improvement in her biting, she is learning. So i agree with everyone else, its normal puppy behaviour but she must be taught it's not acceptable beacause an adult biting dog is not cute.
hcb134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!