View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #9
Sweet Apple
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -x kellie x- View Post
hi everyone
My 12 week old yorkie puppy seems very hyperactive. Any time i try to pet her or even brush her she goes right for my fingers and hands trying to bite them or the brush. She has lots of energy which is good but there never seems to be a time when she relaxes besides when she is asleep!
I am finding this quite stressful (the whole bitting my hand and fingers thing). Do all yorkie puppies behave like this? Is it just a puppy phase that she will grow out of ? She sometimes growls and barks at me aswell if i tell her ''no''! I really want to get her used to me grooming her but she just wont let me brush her as she is constantly trying to bite the brush! please help!
It does get better w/time, but you will need put her in her place when she growls at you...When Apple did that, I'd look her sqare in the face and w/a very very very stern voice, tell her, "YOU WILL NOT GROWL AT ME", and then I leave the room for at least 5 minutes...I still have trouble w/the brush, sometimes, because it's easy to spoil these little critters, because their so darn cute lol, but when I need to get her brushed, to put on her harness to go walk, I have to get all stern again...It really takes an authoritative voice to line these little willfull ones out...About the petting...the more you feed her, love her, and walk her, the more the pets will come...Apple is 9 months old now, and I can finally put her on my lap and pet her, as long as she didn't just wake up...I try to choose a time when she's really worn out...Btw, I walk her 30 minutes in the morning, and 30 minutes in the evening...You gotta get the fire out of these little ones, so you can get to the fur lol...All the best, and hang in there, it'll get better
Sweet Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!