Thread: Had To Share.
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #4
sugarmamma
Donating YT 18K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsygal37 View Post
Back in September many of you may remember that we adopted Beans. Beans was in a not so good home and because of that he is very timid with strangers etc. After we got Beans I tracked down where he originated from and he came from a nice breeder out of North Carolina who is originally a Jersey Girl. She felt terrible over Beans ending up in a bad home. It's a long story but the breeder had been scammed and believed she was selling to a good home / even having a contract stating that if for any reason the buyer can't keep the pup that she is to be contacted. Well, yesterday we finally met the breeder in person. She was in visiting and spent a good hour at our home visiting with us and with Beans. It was very heart warming. I was amazed to watch Beans interact with this woman. I never realized how important early years are until I saw him with this woman. He immediately jumped in her lap and kissed and snuggled with her. I know dogs have a kean sense of smell and I have to wonder if he recognized the scent on her. He was so torn over who he wanted to sit with (me or the breeder) she hugged him and kissed him and he even gave a small growl when our Bella went to sit with the woman, as if to say no she's mine. When she was leaving Beans looked somewhat sad. He went over to the side of the sofa and reached over with his paw and when she went to pet him again he licked her and watched her every move as she was leaving. I can't tell you how heart warming it was to see this. It truly showed the love he must have received when with her and her family. Just had to share. Elaine
I often wonder how Sugar would react to being back in the company of her former family Her "owner"was a 5 year old little boy who very much loved her but couldn't really care for her. The mother had 4 boys and gave birth to a little Downs girl ! they had 2 Yorkies on top of all of this.....we were lucky enough to rehome Sugar at just over 2 years old. Tikki (her brother) went to another home. I'm sure she misses her fur brother ANd her skin family terribly at times
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!