View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 06:49 AM   #7
yorkie_mama22
Currently Suspended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLowry View Post
I wouldn't leave them alone. As the above poster said...and larger pup will play harder...I would be concerned more about the larger pup/dog hurting yours by either playing too rough or stepping on them. We had a member post, not long ago, about her bull terrier injuring her yorkie,,,I believe it was an adult yorkie,,(correct me if I am wrong please) and the yorkie died from it's injuries.

We're not 100% sure that is what happen, that was my assumption at first since when they did play together sometimes my bully got a little rough. But we are not sure that my bully hurt her, she may of gotten hurt or may of just passed from a seizure since my fiancee explaining everything to me of how she was and acted right when she passed, it was very very similar to her seizures when she stopped breathing but CPR worked those times and unfortunately not this time.

But of course I would be super careful for the first year with the larger dog. My dog an older puppy and still can get a bit rough. We will not be adding another dog into the mix for at least a few months and another heat cycle until she "calms down". Of course anything can happen infront of you. This incident was right in front of my fiancee, he had just left the room for a second to get something out of the kitchen.
yorkie_mama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!