View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #9
pinklady
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
Yes, a "sanitary cut" includes trimming the hair around the anus so it doesn't get stuck. Something really weird just occurred to me... today I was looking at a pug's butthole and thinking about how easy it must be to clean with that flat, straight hair. I guess I never thought I'd be so fixated on dog butts!

Grooming wipes are a good idea. I don't use baby wipes, because a baby can't lick its own butt (sorry, just being clear), and I don't want to use anything with bad chemicals.

Also, your pup's poop should be solid enough that his butt should be pretty clean after each "session". If his poops are consistently messy, you might need to change his diet.

You mention grooming wipes? I haven't heard of that, (although I would have never thought to look for wipes at petsmart).I have just simply been buying the hypoallergenic baby wipes. I buy this type because I know they're for babies with sensitive skin and I know if they're safe enough for babies then they are safe enough to use on a dog. However, I'm curious about these grooming wipes now, although I can't imagine there would be much of a difference between the two.
pinklady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!