View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 08:30 PM   #9
Miao
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dame View Post
Depending on how frequent it is, it may just be natural thing for him. If its happening a lot it might be as other poster's mentioned - a food issue.

My Winston has pretty severe issues with grains. When I first got him (and hadn't switched foods yet) it was so bad that I had to have all the windows in my apartment open 24/7. With the windows closed, it was as if something was sitting and rotting in my apartment.

In our case, switching to a food without grains was the trick and the gas issues stopped completely. You're feeding the limited ingredient potato and duck right? Other then wondering if he has an issue with potatoes or duck - flaxseed can be an issue for some humans (from a gas and bloating standpoint, sometimes with diarrhea.) If he had been fed a food with a smaller amount of flaxseed and has jumped to a much higher amount this could be causing his gas issues.
You'd also have to account for the ingredients in the treats/snacks being fed too. OP mentioned feeding NB chicken rolls, and turkey in addition to the potato & duck so it could still be any one of those unless an elimination test has already been tried.
Miao is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!