View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 08:02 PM   #11
Remieandpolo
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalina82 View Post
Ok, well thankfully he is a bigger boy. I'd feed him a little something tonight just cause he is a puppy. I was a vet tech for years and in all the places i worked we didn't like to withhold food from such little young ones. Do you have anything chicken you can boil up for him tonight? you can give him that and a little rice just so he has something in his tummy.

You are doing a great job with your puppy so far. You are asking questions and learning all you can. I am 26 and got my first yorkie puppy 3 years ago. granted i've fostered dogs before and have lots of dog experience, but i've never really owned a dog of my own. Parents never let me have one growing up.

So tomorrow you can go and get him a better quality puppy food. There is nothing good in the supermarket so skip that. At petco they sell Wellness, Solid Gold, and Natural Balance. I feed my yorkie Wellness (and my cats too). I have always liked this food. I've also fed Solid Gold which is great as well. The natural balance i used once when she was a puppy and it just made her poop a lot. don't remember which formula i purchased but i haven't used it since. Many others here do tho and they like it. If you have a small non chain pet store around you may be able to find Innova, Merricks, or California Natural. I fed Merricks when morgan was a puppy and she loved that. These are all great foods.
Thanks so much you have helped me a lot! I don't feel so alone. I have a bag of natural chicken breast in my freezer that I usually use to top my salads. Should I just boil one and join it with white rice?? I will probably end up helping him it lol.
Remieandpolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!