View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 06:53 PM   #3
xoxodoglover89
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalina82 View Post
Hi and welcome to YT! I'm sorry your new puppy is sick. It was most likely due to the food change. Also Purnia is not a good puppy food so you might consider changing to a better quality now while he is on the antibiotics. There are many threads on good foods here that you could do a search on. Wellness and Solid Gold you can find at Petco and are both excellent foods.

The reglan was for the vomiting and that should help. Flagyl is also known as metronidazole which is an antibiotic for the stomach. your pup should be feeling better soon. Glad to hear its not parvo

I agree. These little puppies can have such sensitive tummies that the slightest change can cause them to not feel well. I would definitely consider looking into different brands of food though. Purina has corn, wheat and by-products in it, not very good things for a puppy!

Like Kalina82 said, search some of the threads on here and you're sure to find TONS of information about foods. There's even a sticky in the food section that lists many of the higher quality food companies. Many of them will send you free samples if you e-mail them.

I hope your furbaby feels better soon!
xoxodoglover89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!