View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 07:04 PM   #1
chipperdancing
No Longer a Member

Question HELP! We have Babies! Mom Rejecting??

MINI HAD A "C" SECTION TODAY, 10-27! On Tuesday Mini was x-rayed and we saw she had 3 pups, two on one side with heads down in position and one on the other side positioned feet first. We waited three days, and even though Mini scratched and began nesting ~ she did not pant or show signs of labor ~ and this morning she was simply tired.

My Vet had recommended a "C" section on Tuesday due to the positioning of the large single pup ~ but we wanted to give Mini time ~

The "C" Section was at 1:30pm this afternoon, the cork stopper is a beautiful little girl weighing 5oz., and two boys, one 4.9oz. and one 4.2oz. I brought all three straight home and fed them.

I picked up Mini at 5:00pm, she was slightly groggy ... but so far, is totally NOT INTERESTED IN HER PUPS!

The Vet seemed to think the biggest problem would be the pups chewing on her sutures ... well, that won't happen if she doesn't even want to go into the box with her pups. She won't even look at them! She turns her head!

Is there something I can do? How long can she reject them before her milk really doesn't come in at all? Right now she has NO milk, NO cholestrum. This is Mini's first breeding, she doesn't seem to want anything to do with her babies~ HELP!

If anyone has experienced this problem and has any ideas, please let me know!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!