View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 07:03 PM   #38
Sherry Lynn
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewiesMom
Since my passport is lost, it will take up to 6 weeks to get the paperwork all in order. Its a big nightmare.
As far as that goes, you can go online and see what they need - birth certificate, driver's license, ID, etc. and get one within 2 weeks. (At least in NYC and Philly) You may need to pay a little more, but my husband did it and I don't remember it being outrageously expensive.

But for Mexico and most of the Carribbean (sp) islands you only need a birth cetificate and a picture ID. (A call to a travel agent would clarify.) That you can get in a couple of days.

But like you said there are so many places in the US to see. Shana is right about DC. My dad/we were stationed there when I was in grade school and every Sunday his mission was to take us to a different museum/cultural event. It could take years to see it all.

A girlfriend and I spent the long 4th weekend there the year before 911 and had a ball! Great hotels, restaurants, malls! I don't know if security makes it inconvenient now, though...

So I hope to bump this up and hear from our Texan friends for some suggestions for me to visit their fine state and what weather to expect in December! I've always wanted to go to Texas and drink some tall beers and ride a bull...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!