View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 05:30 PM   #5
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2TwoYorkies View Post
Thank you Mardelin! I was hoping you'd answer this thread. I've seen all the great advice and help that you have given others and I truly appreciate it. It's not that I'm having too many reservations, it's just that Rhianna is my first priority . . she's MY baby, ya know? She's first, she's all that matters . . .I've always wanted to whelp a litter. The closest thing I have ever done was breed rabbits . . .and since they were outside, I never actually took part in the actual process. The first litter I had there was a singleton and he died . . .he was somehow very very large and was born stillborn. The second litter there were 6 of them . . .5 made it . . .the 6th one was doing fine and then one day the mama moved him away from the rest . . .I didn't understand, so I put him with his litter mates and that is when the mama bit me as if to say "hey, I don't want him, there is something wrong with him" I removed him from the cage to nurse him myself, but, he didn't make it . . .it was heartbreaking, but at the same time, there were 5 other healthy ones that were thriving. I guess she knew better than I. All 5 babies found homes . . .thankfully since at the time I had 8 rabbits. . .I never mated her again after that.
I know puppies and baby bunnies aren't the same, but that is the only experience I can go by . . .
Yes you are having reservations and a big one, Rhianna is your first priority. If you aren't prepared to lose her (yep! there's no easy way of saying it) then don't do it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!