View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #4
Amazing Yorkies
YT Featured Breeder
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
Good for you for being concerned. You know you could take all the necessary precautions. Besides the preliminary tests and making sure that she meets the standard, taking her to the vet having an ultra sound done of her reproductive organs. Does she come from a long line of free whelpers? Even with all that, you are right........ Will she concieve a large litter, is she big enough to carry it, and will the pups stretch her out during the gestation period. Will she have enough stamina to whelp a large litter, if not that can lead to a C-section after whelping a couple and the rest may have to be deliverd by C-section. A pup could get stuck in the birth canal, emergency C section. So many things can go wrong. Even with the healthiest best speciman.

All may turn out fine, but I guess what I'm attempting to say is that if you have any reservations, you feel uncomfortable.....don't do it.

I agree. There is always a risk. If you are not fully convinced it's right, I would say, Don't do it! Sometimes I get a gut feeling that even a superb female just shouldn't be bred so I spay and place in a pet home. The guilt when something goes wrong, is overwhelming!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!