View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 10:55 AM   #15
Gingergirlsmom
and Bernie's mom too!"
Donating Member

You are asking great questions and getting a lot of good advice! Since there was a question about her getting used to the blow dryer, I just want to say that I started using it on low with Ginger from the very first time I bathed her, and that blow drying time has become one of our favorite bonding times. I have been able to use it on my rescue boy, Bernie too, although I've begun keeping his hair super short so its not necessary.

If you are going to Petco, I believe they sell a couple of brands of bully sticks. Some smell worse than others, I can never remember which is which, but my nose knows. Just watch closely with these or any chew toys as pieces can come loose and become lodged in their throats. I even had a red kong do that once with Ginger. Just because these babies are little, don't imagine for a second they don't have strong jaws. The rule in my house, if they have a chew toy they are in the same room as I am. If I can't be there I put it up.

I would also put together a little first aid kit. There is a sticky here with a lot of good info. Some of the items in that kit have saved us in the past. Also, post the numbers to your vet an poison control
I hope you never need them, but you don't want to waste precious time searching for them if you ever do. I actually have my vets # programmed into my phone. LOL, no I don't call very often, but in an emergency, its there.

Welcome and good luck and I can't wait to see pictures and hear about your pups antics.

Ginger Bernie Fun Kitty
Gingergirlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!