View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #13
weeloves06
Senior Yorkie Talker

Best wishes for the best puppy in the world. I am a breeder, so I know a little something about these wee loves. First of all, do not suddenly change the food, their tummies are very senitive. YOu will have to find out from the breeder what food they are on, then mix it carefully and slowly with the food you decide to use. I usually send some food home for this change.

Please do not put the pup in bed with you. Yes at night put the puppy in the crate, close the door, this will help train them that is where they sleep until they are old enough to be out. I have three of my 7 that are crate trained, and I love it because if I have to take them someplace I can always take a crate and they are find with it. Also in a car, please do not let them ride on your lap. Them become a missle if anything happens and have no protection from the car.

Other then giving them good vet treatment and lots of love you will find the puppy being the joy of your life. Bless you and your new baby, I am sure all will be fine.
weeloves06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!