View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 10:39 AM   #11
starr728
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeerose View Post
Congratz on your new baby!!! I am also a first time Yorkie mom. My little guy is 5 months old now. This is what I have done with him...
1: Natural Balance-Small Bites for small breed dogs. He loves it. I get it at Petco for about $15. a bag. They are pretty good at giving you coupons at checkout for your next visit.
2: Treats- I use Little Jacs by Bil Jacs (purple bag with a yorkie on the front) He will do anything for one. They are great for house breaking.
3: Toys- Bully sticks for teething (I always supervise him with them) he loves them and they help his sore gums. Rope toys are also fun and good for teething. He also likes balls and squeeke (spelling sorry) toys.
4: I use a crate. He will go in it on his own now and play and rest. I keep it on the floor next to my side of the bed. He usually sleeps all night but sometimes needs to pee in the early morning. I keep his pee pad in the bathroom and he is much better with it. I keep a blanket and a safe toy in his crate with him.
I did alot of research also before we brought him home. I found out that all yorkies are very different and you will figure out what works for you and your baby. Good Luck and I hope this helps.
Thank You for the great info!!!

So Natural Balance and Wellness seems to be the two brands I'm seeing the most of I will definatley go today and probaly buy both kinds since I live an hour away that way see which one works for Karlee to keep from having to go back incase one or the other don't work.

Next question what do bully sticks look like? I saw a thread about these the other day are they the long rawhide looking sticks with several per pack?

I have a rope toy that is suppose to help with good breath it says its spearmint flavored after reading a little more about Yorkie's would this be okay to give her since its flavored?

Again THANK all of you for the responses you all are really helping a newbie out here!

Cathy
starr728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!