View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 10:36 AM   #10
starr728
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLowry View Post
Welcome to YT and CONGRATS on your new furbaby!! As SimondHallie said I would start her out in a crate...I used to keep mine in a baby playpen during the day if I was working around the house or had to step out. I would put toys, food, water and a pee pad in it for them. I would crate them at bedtime. Sadie (4yrs old now) never had a problem with the crate...she went in it from day one and I never heard a peep from her...Lillie, on the other hand (3yrs old now) has always been a whiner! She is a baby!! She cried for 5 nights in a row!!!! I was up several times during the night it was just like having a new born baby!!! Now...,thanks to hubby!!, they both sleep with us.

Depending on the pet store. I'm not sure if Petsmart, or Petco sells this. You may have to go to a specialty pet store to find Wellness. Here in Mass you can buy it at Agway...not sure if you have any of those where you live!...Wellness is a very good food made right here in Massachusetts.

I feed Merricks Grammies pot pie...they do sell a puppy palate too..you want to make sure that you feed puppy food.

Good Luck and make sure you post plenty of pics!!

Brenda
Thank you Brenda I appreciate it! I do have a Petco so I'm going to write all the info down and go there later today its about a hour drive from here so another quick question about how long will the food last I know that Yorkie's eat very small amounts so should I just get a small bag for now and see how she does on it? How do you all store the dog food should I get a air tight container to keep it from getting stale?
starr728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!