View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 02:19 PM   #15
snowcrustracer
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalina82 View Post
i see you have a flea battle on your hands. First things first, stop putting treatments on him. You need to treat your house now, as well as your yorkie. take him into the bathroom and wash him with dawn dish soap. After the bath, keep him in the bathroom so you can start treating your house. Take all his bedding, blankets and plush toys and throw them in the washer. Second take all your bedding and blankets in your bedroom and around the house and throw them in the washer. Third vacuum the crap out of your house. You need to vacuum the floors and the furniture. Fleas hide everywhere (carpets, couches, rugs, throw pillows, etc...basically anything made of fabric). After you are finished vacuuming take the vacuum outside and empty is well away from your house so the fleas can't get back in. Once everything is clean and washed you can let your yorkie out of the bathroom. Since the fleas seem to be realy bad where you are you should get your yard treated as well. Lastly, if this doesn't get rid of your flea problem you may need to pack up and leave for a few hours/days (however long it takes) and flea bomb the house.
I agree...
The only way to stop them is to clean and treat your entire house. You have to wash the bedding and spary the mattress in every room the dog has been in. I wash the carpets and rugs with a rented cleaner (rug doctor)and use the flea cleaner they sell. Spray all the cracks around the molding in the kitchen and every room. It's a all out war and the dog is just a small part of it.

Good luck.
snow

Last edited by snowcrustracer; 07-28-2009 at 02:21 PM.
snowcrustracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!