View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 09:12 AM   #13
smartpuppiepets
YT 1000 Club Member

I Give PANACUR or SAFEGUARD , which is the same thing ... it is very safe, can be given to pregnant females. I was once told by a vet that if given for 9 days in a roll it gets rid of Gyardia also. We de-worm moms and puppies ... puppies get Pyrantel about 2 times... moms get Pyrantel and Panacur -c when they are nursing. Our fecal exams are negative but we still do it, and it is the recommendation of our vet. He does NOT recommend the 9 days treatment unless there is a positive for gyardia, i asked him before, But he does think it is a good idea to use it once a year on all of dogs, then when the pregnant moms deliver... about 2 weeks after the delivery... and he thinks there is no harm to use it on the puppies but we usually only do the pyrantel 2 times. If we see suspicious looking stools, on either mom or puppies we go ahead and de-worm the puppies with it for 3 days ... i do not know of any harm and we have done very good with this protocol.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!