View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 08:50 AM   #4
Sarah Sadie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default A vet visit is in order

Our little guy was vomiting bile and bowel movements were a little bloody. We visited the doctor, but our pup continued to get worse; he was extremely lethargic, and finally wouldn't eat. The doctor monitored every day or so; we thought he had eaten something that just needed to pass. Finally we had to rush him in in with fresh foamy, bloody vomit and uncontrollable, runny bloody stool. Our puppy turned out to have a serious case of bleeding ulcers, both upper and lower g.i. I still think he ate something that caused an obstruction, leading to the entire problem. I thought I lost him, but the vet was confident, competent, and saved our little guy. Several years later, he still has to have a Pepcid-type acid reducer now and then, plus needing extra fiber in his diet. Without a vet's intervention, we would have lost him for sure. It's so hard to diagnose when so many different things can be the problem. I think your pup needs professional supervision if this continues any time at all. They are so little and can take a downturn fast.
Sarah Sadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!