View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 07:35 AM   #1
lele1672
Yorkie Talker

Default I tried all the dogfood samples recommended...

Hello, I'm new here and this is my first post! I have two new babies, Olivia (Lilly) is 6 months and Oliver (Ollie) is 15 weeks. I've had yorkies all my life though. I've been really bad in the past about feeding them people food (hot dogs, sandwich meat, cheese, etc) and I promised myself that I wasn't going to do that with Lilly and Ollie. But I've had a devil of a time finding dry food they would eat without me doctoring it up. So I read the sticky post about requesting samples from the various companies and I did. I received an unbelievable amount back from alot of them (some wouldn't give samples but alot of them did). So we decided to do a taste test and set them all up in a row on the kitchen floor and I offered each one to the babies in my hand. Alot of them they wouldn't even touch, sniffed and sat right back down. I won't go into detail about them all, but let me tell you the OVERWHELMING winner was Timberwolf. I'd never even heard of Timberwolf and they don't even carry it here in OK so I'll have to order it online. (I have no affiliation to Timberwolf whatsoever). The dogs absolutely attacked it and I couldn't give it to them fast enough, I was truly stunned. We started trying to figure out the difference and I think alot of it was smell. All the foods except Timberwolf had that normal "dog food" smell...the TW smelled like meat and fish and earth. Totally different, it looks totally different too. Actually, it looks a little gross....really dark brown and greenish. But whatever's in that stuff must be good.

I just thought I would post my results from the samples. Anyone else done a taste test? Who was your winner?

Oh, and the customer service with TW was just unbelievable. I've talked to a girl there via email several times with questions and she is just as sweet and helpful as can be.

I just wanted to share my experience as I was truly becoming desperate thinking I was going to have to go back to people food because I couldn't find a quality dogfood they would eat!
lele1672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!