View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 02:35 PM   #6
AddieLove
Loving Addie Since 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystee View Post
Where do most people buy their dog food from? online?
I go to two specialty shops. One is called Mumme's and the other is called Pet Supplies Plus. Mumme's is only in Texas. Pet Supplies Plus is in other states, but only on the East side (I believe Texas is the farthest West state they touch).

I think it's great you're going to keep him on that until he's one. I don't believe high-protein foods are very good for pups under one. I feed my Addie Evo (red meat small bites--the kibble), and she absolutely loves it.

I plan on rotating her food after she finishes the current bag. I'll probably go to Evo's other flavour (chicken or turkey ... I can't remember), or I'll go to Solid Gold, Orijen, Canidae or maybe Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul. From what I've researched, all these are high-quality dog foods. And I'm almost positive none were ever on the FDA's warning list during the whole China scare. Of course, I'll double check before I actually switch.

Science Diet is very expensive for it's lack of quality. With the ones listed above, you're actually getting what you pay for. I don't know the exact price, but they are around the price of Science Diet. They may be a little more costly but not ridiculously so.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!