View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 08:52 AM   #1
iwannayorkieplz
Yorkie Talker

Default What To Do About Unruley Hair? (Matted, Tangles?) New Puppy Ment.

she's not a brand new puppy per her age, but a new puppy for me. i actually like that she is alittle older then most pups i have gotten, because it was by far, an easier transition, then leaving the mother so soon.

ANYHOW, i got her yesterday, we had a long drive which she was FINE WITH, thankfully, had a great 1st night, and she's on my lap as we speak. such a doll. wish i got one YEARS ago, already want another but that may take some time and convincing, lol.

i just posted in the training section, how she has easten and drank, but no pee or poo yet...if you know about that plz go there and help a girl out, i'm CLUELESS, i forget, just like with kids..u just do, lol and yorkies might be different so.

my question here is about GROOMING the dog. ok she is VERY tiny, 1.3 maybe now 1.4 lbs, and almost 4 mo old. i got her from the breeder yesterday, but she definately needs a bath, and some grooming of her 'mop top' lol. i'm soo afraid to hurt her by brushing the tangles and knots...matted areas, iam finding, in her fur *sigh*, i definately don't want her to hate me, and i wanna know, should i get a pro to do it? then maintain? is this common normal and will always likely happen, or do you think she just wasn't brushed enough during her 3+ months of life? i just dunno.

is there any good detangles and a certain comb or brush i should use. i have several brushes and a comb, but like i said, i fear it, cause it's happened to me as a child and my mom really hurt me getting them out, and i was NOT this small. i want her to look less un-ruly, though of course she is beautiful to me. i'm gonna give her a bath, but is it best to try when hair is wet or dry? use detangler? any special shampoos, if you can tell me what you use..perfect, i just want my baby as spiffy as possible but w/o the pain if possible.

thanks again, michelle
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!