View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 07:15 AM   #1
Abbie's mommy
Yorkie Talker

Cry Help with congestion :(

My little baby boy, Teddie Graham or "mr t" (he is 3 years old) is what I like to call him, is congested. Let me start at the beginning....

I was spraying Febreeze on the sofa, and I ALWAYS try to keep them out when I am doing so....well, here comes Mr T and jumps right in it. He was panting (due to us playing) and he got it on his tongue and I think he inhaled it too. He started licking and gagging like, and then snorting. Then he stopped. I called the Febreeze ppl, and they said " of course our products are pet and animal safe". So, I called the vet, they told me to keep a watch on him for a while, and see how he does.....because unless the Febreeze was sprayed directly into the nose, it shouldn't be of any danger, except for maybe an irritant. He kept snorting, like a few times, then it wouldn't happen again for maybe another 1.5 hours or so....

Took him to the vet the next day. He said he was running a slight fever, and that his lungs were clear and that his little nose was probably just irritated. He gave him an injection of amoxicillin and a 10 day supply of the pills...and Atrax (antihistamine)...

All that was this past Monday, and his little nose is still snotty, as I can hear it when he sleeps... poor thing...

So, yesterday, we had him at the ballfield (my daughter plays softball) and it was hot, but of course, we had him in the shade, under the tent, and he had plenty of cool water to drink. He was laying on his blankie sleeping, and he started coughing. At the end of the cough sequence, he coughed up what looked like phlem......this happened probably every hour or so, always ending up with him coughing this stuff up. After probably the 4th or 5th time coughing, it was so loud, everybody coud hear it. I took him to the car, and turned the AC on and got him really cool, and he was fine. After we returned home, he coughed 1 time, and he hasn't coughed since.

I am REALLY praying that this is the mucus from his nose, running down the back of his throat and maybe making him cough it up....instead of a collapsed trachea. He has never had a cough before until now that he is sick.....

Any words of encouragement?

My husband is taking him to the Dr first thing tomorrow morning.....
Abbie's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!