View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 07:25 AM   #8
cj125
Mia, Max and Moe's Mom
Donating Member

Yes, there are coats that seem to be a mixture of the silk and cotton coats. I believe that my Max has that kind of coat.

Silk coats are suppose to feel cool to the touch, very shiney, don't matt easily, and of course feel silky.

Cotton coats are more thick, fluffy, matt easily, and sometimes dull.

Modified or as I like to call it combination coats have characteristics of both. When I bathe Max his hair comes out silky and BEAUTIFUL but after two days his hair gets dull and could matt if I didn't brush him. He is light colored and has thinner, longer hair so it makes a big difference on how often I bathe him. He is a boy and likes to get dirty. Keeping it clean makes it less stressful for both of us. Right now I'm using Spa Lavish products on him.

Mia, on the other hand has cotton hair and I have to keep it cut - not shaved! Actually, she matts less, now. Her hair is so thick that I have to use Neutragena (?) T-Gel to make sure I can get her scalp clean.

I just gave him a bath last night so I'll try to get a picture of it clean and then again in a couple days so that you can see the difference.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!