View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 09:40 PM   #1
Cookie2
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Very Upset,My baby tested for Mange/Ringworm

I posted a few days ago about my daughter getting ringworm and then my youngest daughter who is 8 (this sunday!) also got 1 ringworm on her chest. I was so shocked because we havent had time to go out or vacation this summer so they have been with me .I remember when I got my puppy that he had a lot of oily dandruff and some missing hair on the topside of his head. I thought it was just dandruff that had his hair down. Well I had this gut feeling that this might be something more serious. I gave him a good bath and scrubbed that part on his head with a sponge and his oatmeal/arm & hammer shampoo.I did it so softly and most of it came right out. I wanted to cry cause his skin looked raw! I took him this morning to have thevet check him out. The first thing the vet worried about was Mange! His assistant and him gave each other a serious look and just said uhhhhhhh. I imediately asked if he thought it could be mange or ringworm. He said they needed to do a scrape to check for it. The results were quick and it was negative for mange...thank God! But he feels it could be ringworm so I will have to wait for the results in 3-4 days. I cried when he did the 2 scrape samples. Cookie was so still until the second scrape.....he jumped and the vet nicked him and he started to bleed. I jumped out of my seatand was holding my chest.He told me most likely the dog already had ringworm when I got it since he had this spot when I brought him home and thats how my daughters got it!
We plan to get another Yorkie in the future but it WONT be from a Pet Shop! I got this little guy and he had kennel cough for 3 weeks,ringworm.IT took me almost a whole month to get him to eat dog food cause the pet shop owner admitted that she gave pups chicken and rice if they didnt want dog food. He is doing so much better and is so full of energy now. He's the little man of the house and he knows it too lol.I'm putting drops that the vet gave me(3 times a day for 3 weeks)
I'm more upset that we paid $2,000 for our yorkie and had to go through so much with him in just 1 month! Honestly with everything that happened . I dont think they should have sold him for more than $900! But in my heart he is worth every penny. I am too attached to him.
Genie
Cookie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!