View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 10:41 AM   #92
dianethomas
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
I would like to thank everyone who followed this thread and helped me through this difficult time. I would like to also apologize for going MIA. The first of this year was a very trying time for me. Bucky healed up very well for the surgery to remove him eye. I am so very thankful for all of the support that I got from all of you!!!

On a very cold January evening this year, I was outside with Bucky so that he could go potty. It was very dark out and he wanted to play in the snow and not do his business. Out of nowhere a hawk came down and picked him up. It flew away with him. I couldn’t stop screaming and crying as I went running after it. He was dropped about 400 yards from where the hawk picked him up. The fall killed him instantly. It still really hurts my heart to think about what happened as I type this. My husband and children helped me bury him and we all felt like we lost a part of the family.

It took me weeks before I wouldn’t cry when I found one of his toys lying around. I finally had to pack everything away. That was really hard!! I felt like one of my children died!!! I avoided anything that would remind me of what happened; I even stopped logging on to yorkietalk.

I feel like there is a void in my life since he has been gone. I miss the welcome home kisses, the zoomies and the snuggling. It has taken me a while but I think I am ready to get another yorkie. I have a friend of mine that has a litter and they will be ready to go in September. She had all girls and I am excited at the thought of having a little girl to love on.

I know that she will never take Bucky’s place in my heart but I wonder if I am really ready. It has been six months since it happened and it still makes me cry. Do you think it is too soon?
I was sitting here reading your thread, and enjoying all the playfulness, when your signature caught my eye. I couldn't believe such a playful, vivacious boy could be gone, so I had to read on. Your update has me bawling at my computer. I'm so sad for your loss. I know how hard it must be missing your little piwate. What a terrible accident!
I think you should absolutely open your heart for a baby Yorkie, but only when you are ready. The fact that you are thinking about it enough to post on YT tells me that you probably are.
A little girl will never take Bucky's place, but you will be surprised at how much love you will have for her. And in time, the pain of losing Bucky will fade into only the beautiful memories.
Love and puppy kisses from Zaccheus,
Diane
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!