View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 04:30 PM   #11
rebeccag
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambocken View Post
Thank you for your reply. I don't know why we never thought to reward with food for going! She is SO food motivated that it would make perfect sense that it would be the solution!

She only pees in her crate when we are gone, or when she thinks we have gone... and after a couple hours usually (we have videotaped her). So if she is getting a treat only when we are here and outside then it may work to solve it! We are going to try it starting tonight!

If she's food motivated that's great for you. Take her out as often as you can and always give her a treat. My Jonah will go 3-4 times just to get more treats. How long do you leave her alone? I had to cover a vacation last week at work so I paid one of the neighborhood kids to come and walk my pups around noon (long days) and then my husband came home to put them out in between too (his office is next building over) If I hadn't done that and was gone all day...forget it! They would have messed all over eachother and then licked it off eachother.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!