View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
BustersMommy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Confused Should she fly the Pup in?

Hi Everyone. When I first took my furbaby hone 3 years ago I was warned NOT to fly my new pup in so after months of research I decided to go to a local breeder. My girlfriend just sent me a email with a picture of this cute lil shnorkie puppy that is only 10 weeks old and said that this is going to be Buster's new playmate (Buster is my 3yr old Yorkie love of my life..lol). I was SUPER excited for her because I know the Joy that puppies can bring and how much fun it is to raise one(although I remember all those wonderful restless nights too lol) but was instantly worried when she told me that she was flying in! We live in NY and the pup is coming from Oklahoma. I asked her how she found the breeder and she said "puppyfind.com". It has been a while since I have really been on these boards (so long I had to re-registar bc i forgot my user name and password) but it was the first place I could think of to get some advice on what to tell her. She knows nothing about the breeder, wasnt asked any questions (like do you have you ever even owned a dog before) like I was when i got mine, has no clue about the parents..NOTHING. She told me that the breeder told her shes been doing this for 20+ years...when i actually found the breeders website...it says shes only been breeding since 2000. I don't want to rain on her happiness or seem like I am over-reacting but I just know what some people out there are still doing (puppymills) and I would hate for her to buy from a breeder that isnt reputable. I would post the name of the website but I am not sure if thats allowed?
Will the pup be ok to fly from OK to NY (with a layover mind you) ??
BustersMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!