View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 05:23 AM   #1
TeresaM
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Shade Oh, that Yogi!!!

We've been having air conditioning problems for the last 4 weeks. This is NOT what you want in Texas this July. We've been having hotter then usual days and when it gets 100+ degrees outside and only in the upper 80's for a low at nights it's quite hot in a house with no a/c. A/C companies have more work then hours in the day to do, so getting into the rotation for a service man to come out can take awhile.

So every 3 to 5 days we'd run out of coolant and have to spend the day waiting for the a/c guy to run by and recharge the unit. During that time the house would get to 90+ degrees and I'd make ice packs with crushed ice and sandwich bags for the dogs to lay on in front of the fan to try and stay cool. Gracie Ruth and Boo had to be forced to lay with the ice, no matter how hot they were. Yogi though, my sweet little cuddle baby boy Yogi - loved the ice packs. I'd have a thin towel wrapped around the pack and lay it on the couch. He'd walk over it and lay right down on top of the pack and then wiggle his little bum a bit to get his...errr...boy bits situated "just so" and then let out a little sigh. It cracked me up!!! Oh good grief this one is so hysterical in all that he does! I would just love to know what he was thinking every time his Momma made his boy bits their own personal little cooling spa.

Fortunately the a/c is fixed, G & Boo are no longer tortured with the evil "acid filled" bags I forced them to lay with. And I'm no longer stressed out about them being too hot. Although I may make Yogi an occasional ice pack in the future just because he seemed to enjoy it so much.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!