Thread: Foot Pad Hair
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 04:33 PM   #24
Sharly4
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlDebra View Post
I still do not agree that the shorter the blade the sharper it is. But maybe that is true in your tool box. Or maybe you are using "sharpness" to mean "close to the skin?????" That is really a different meaning but I do not want to argue. I like all blades, regardless of their size, to be as sharp as possible. Nothing like a dull blade to cause more problems for me at least! I like using a "close to the skin" blade for trimming areas that I want free from hair, like the tips of ears. I have never had a problem with my Peanut, even though I am an amateur -- never a nick or cut. So, I will have to agree with another professional groomer, Mardelin: The Wahl Peanut is a great tool for grooming ears, faces, feet and sanitary area. No reason to fear the "close to the skin" #30 blade! (Even for those of us without professional training.)

But there is always room for different preferences, especially from a professional like yourself. Just as some prefer one brand of clipper over another, I am sure some prefer not to use certain blades. No problem!
How long does that Wahl Peanut last. I have used my Conair that I bought at Wal-Mart for the past 2 1/2 years and I think I should get a new one. What else are you supposed to do to it besides oil and clean it? Just buy a new one/ sharpen it? I don't do any fancy cuts just the sanitary, ears, and pads. If I do a trim it is old fashioned scissors.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!