View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
xoxodoglover89
YT 500 Club Member

Yes, the wheat gluten in the Cesar is the same as wheat. Cesar is not a very good dog food.

As far as the food goes, my dog is a very picky eater as well. I'm pretty much resorting to changing her food up after every bag just to keep her interested. In the past, I used Solid Gold for awhile and have nothing but wonderful things to say about it. Sasha's coat looked amazing and was just very happy on the food. Unfortunately, she became picky and not really wanting it as much anymore and I've been switching foods around ever since. She's on a grain free food right now, Innova EVO, and seems to really like it. She doesn't scarf it down all at once, but does end up eating everything I put in her bowl by the end of the day. On some foods, she would go a few days without eating so she seems to be enjoying this food so far.

If you want to add some canned food to his dry to entice him a little bit, you could try Merrick canned foods. They have great ingredients and they all pretty much look like stew, almost good enough for us to eat! Plus, they come in smaller cans so they won't go to waste. I used these with Sasha for awhile and she loved them, but after a week or so, she began to get runny poos from it so I had to stop using it, but every dog reacts differently. Maybe your baby will do well on it!

Sorry this response was so long. I'm really into dog nutrition and stuff ever since I joined YT and learned so much about food. Feel free to ask more questions if you have any and good luck!
xoxodoglover89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!