Thread: Sun Conures??!
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #8
mizzwanned
Donating YT 11K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lab tech View Post
Hey...I own 4 birds..an african grey (who can get loud, but generally doesn't) also she is pretty much a one owner bird. These (to my knowledge anyway) are the most vocal of the parrots, having a vocabulary of 2000+ words. She is very good and mimicking sounds, but is not talking as of yet. (she's 2yrs old). I also have an umbrella cockatoo that we raised since he was 2wks old. He is what the books call "a love sponge" and has never been much of a problem. We take him to the local nursing home to visit the residents. I have a cockatiel--no problem at all there. And last I have Homer...an extremely loud nanday conure. He's green, blue, and black instead of the sun colors. He was given to my family from a friend of ours because they worked split shifts and was unable to sleep because of his shrilling chirp. It seems the louder his surroundings are, the louder he gets. (I can hear him from the end of my driveway about 1 acre from my home. He is in the house and I still hear him!) I hope I have helped you in any way.
wow i cant imagine....i love birds...if i had the space i would have several im sure...i just need to pick that right one. I love cockatiels and ive had them all my life but i wanted to try a different kind of bird because none of the cockatiels ive owned were ever like my very first cockatiel..now he was something else..he was like a dog...verrrry smart and soooo attached to me. i miss him..so i wanted to get a diff. one...maybe bigger than a cockatiel..vocal that can mimic words, etc. but not one that just sits there and screeches all day..im stuck. there is this place near my house, its a bird store but its not like any petstore ive ever known...they have several parrots, not even in cages but in a big glass room in the middle of the store and they're all free. They handfeed them there and touch them a lot, so they are very tame and they dont let anyone inside unless it's an employee or unless someone has already bought one of them and wants to spend time with them. i think i want to volunteer there. i know when i visit i sometimes see ppl volunteering, its a very nice place, they really love the birds. i think that should help me learn more lol
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!