View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 03:32 AM   #1
rebeccag
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Do all Yorkies worship their owners?

As I was sitting on the couch yesterday, while my 2 year old son was struggling to get a spot on my lap along side both Jonah and Ksena, I started to wonder if all Yorkies adore their owners. I had to ask myself again this morning, when I woke up to Ksena curled up beside me (hubby forgot to crate them last night and she clears the baby gate at the door of my bedroom) and as I got up, she got up as well and like usual she follows me wherever I go. I then went to the lavatory and both pups were all over me (I usually have a gate up in front of the main bathroom to keep my 2 year old out of Shrek's (my lop's) litter box but because it's time to start potty training my son I moved the baby gate to the doorway to my bathroom and put Shrek in there). Anyway, they were going nuts for me. It really is the cutest thing. Poor Jonah just tried getting over the gate because he wants to get at me but he can't make it over the gate. I'm not sure if it's because I'm home a lot or if all Yorkies are like that. All my animals love me but these two really follow me wherever I go. I don't remember my other dogs following my every move like they do. My husband laughed the other night because Ksena got up from what looked like her sleeping just to be near me when I walked in the room. I have to laugh right now because Shrek is peaking at me from the baby gate...I don't know, are they all like that? I have friends who say Shrek is more like a dog than a rabbit. Just wondering, do your Yorkies follow your every move? I'm also wondering if it's because they're pups? Hoping they won't grow out of it when they get older.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!