View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 06:50 PM   #10
Lia
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxters Mommy View Post
WOW! I am so glad you posted this, because Baxter is the same way. I've had him since he was seven weeks old. He is now nine months old. EVERY time I take him out to pee/poop and someone is walking nearby, he starts barking like crazy! And if I pick him up, he'll stop, or also, like you said, let the person pet him, he calms down! Now, when he gets around little kids, he gets mean! I'm wondering if he was abused as a puppy... but for example, my neighbor has two little girls and they came over to see Baxter because, of course, he was barking at them. She bent down, attempting to pet him, but he got MEAN, like growling mean!! I was holding him on the ground too and he was still acting mean! I didn't know what to do!

I don't know why they are doing this, but I am in the same boat as you are Lia! I love him to death, and he is the sweetest thing to me, just not so much strangers!
So I'm going to try the coins in a can thing but I will be sure to keep him on a leash when kids come around. You should try the coins in a can thing also and see if it works. I'll keep you posted on his progress.
Lia is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!