View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 04:04 PM   #4
tjdmom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I use fruit loops broken into about thirds for my little guys. They are 8 weeks and I can't imagine them being away from mom at this age. They are still nursing! But I guess everyone is not like me. Anyways, we are working on sit and coming when they are called and learning their names. As for the potty training, they are in a limited area for a good portion of the day and at night. This area started of as a large whelping box with their bed on one end and a grass pad on the other end. In between the 2 areas was a small play area with their food/water dish. Eventually the whelping area grew too small and then I put them in an ex pen and for the last week or so, I block off my kitchen/eat in area. I recreated the same thing in all areas with a grass pad opposite and farthest from their sleeping and eating area. My guys/girls are doing really good. I also let them out and have the run of the livingroom. I put a grass potty patch in there as well. They do really good in their enclosure - I don't think they've had an accident since the first night. Now loose in the living room is a little different story. They frequently go to their potty patch that's in my living room but not always. If I catch them in the middle, I put them right on the potty patch. If I see them going potty on the potty patch, they get lots of praise. If I catch them on the living room rug and I'm too late to catch them in the act, I just ignore it and clean it up. I don't reprimand them at all for that. If you are having lots of accidents, I would say limit your babies area and once she is going in the correct spot, gradually increase her area. But also remember she is just a baby and 7 weeks is awfully young to be potty trained. Good luck!
tjdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!