View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 10:51 AM   #10
Mom2TwoYorkies
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeach View Post
Please don't take the the breeder's response to your 4 year old as rude... Susan is a responsible breeder and looking out for the welfare of her puppies. I do not let my own pups go to families with very small children as they (the children) don't truly understand how "breakable" a puppy is.

I agree completely! I'm not a breeder, but do know first hand how young children approach small dogs. My niece's son is prime example of why I would never sell a puppy to a family with young children. We have Christmas Eve at our home every year and this year he was pretty mobile running all around. He went to try to grab one of my yorkies and while Brody was trying to get away I saw him squeezing him so he'd keep still. Personally I almost freaked out! No matter if you are a good parent and have great kids, small dogs are very easily hurt by aggressiveness play. Young children/toddlers don't understand the concept of that, no matter what they are taught. Same goes for the elderly. I can't even tell you how many times my babies were almost stepped on by my father that night. . .
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!